Friday, February 02, 2007

Slacking 101

So, I’m here to describe to you how to be a slacker. But seriously, must I need to teach this obviously mediocre subject? I’m sure you could do some self-study on it that would be sufficient. So turn your book, A Slacker’s Guide to Slacking Off, and I’ll be back, like, never.

~~~

Ok. Seriously, who would study a subject about slacking off? I mean, if you study it, you're obviously not slacking off. Remember Timon ang Pumba from the Lion King? Hacunamatata ang that stuff? Hah, yeah that’s the one. Anyway, this post is kinda inspired by an old episode of the Timon and Pumba show (or something like that), although I haven’t seen it since. But let me get myself clear before everything else, slacking off is bad, and it will get you nowhere in life, as shown by the show as well. XD

The problem is that slacking off is terribly easy to do. Hell, it’s much easier than to do actual work. Actually, slacking off is very hard. It’s hard because if you slack off, you have to catch up, if you don’t catch up, you fail, at least in us student’s cases. So yeah, slacking off still sucks. Our Chinese class also had a lesson that can be related to this. Yes! I can understand some of our lesson. (It’s not a great progression; it’s simply a simple, simple translation.) The lesson was along the lines of if you work hard now, there will be happiness afterwards, and if you slack off and enjoy for the time being, some sort of retribution or sadness will follow.

Anyway, the whole (actual) reason why I’m writing this is that yesterday, on the first day of the shortest month of the year, I just totally slacked off from what I was supposed to do, what I planned to do, which in all honesty was quite a lot.

First, I had to do our literary analysis thingy on a Filipino piece, Dayuhan. I’m really bad at Filipino, understanding it that is. All the difficult words make my head feel dizzy and my eyes sore. So somehow, I can relate to those who struggle through an English analysis. And we have more English literary analyses because of our new teacher, Mrs. Gubat, who makes us interpret every poem we encounter. Anyway, I slacked off on that and ended up sleeping at about 4 AM, with a couple of catnaps in between. And I was wondering why I was feeling sick in the morning. The feeling of wanting to puke went away after I lay down for a few minutes, unlike my friend, Clarissa, who felt sick today and threw up a couple of times in school (in the “right places” though), but that’s another story.

I was so relieved last Wednesday when our Chinese teacher announced that she was postponing our quiz n the extra twelve vocabulary words we got. So, I was supposed to study for that as well, but well, to put it quickly, I so flunked the quiz earlier. Why? Because I played Sims in the morning, Gaia in the afternoon, and downloaded the entire Death Note manga series and a lot of the Toykopop Initial D ones as well. (I hate how the characters say things in the Toykopop translation; btw, they sound like crazed gangsters. Dimwits with shitty fashion taste more like it. I honestly, don’t understand why anyone would want to be a gangster, or even act like one.) Anyways, I got a little retribution when downloading the manga though. The Death Note ones were so messed up, I’d probably have to spend the entire weekend organizing the whole thing. The punishment for the Initial D ones wasn’t so severe though, I just had to rename about more than 40 chapters so that they’d be all organized. (Contrary to my mom’s belief, I hate things when they are out of order. The reason why my room’s messy is because that’s the way I want it to be arranged. I don’t loose stuff when my room is in the way I put it, I do, however, loose track of my stuff when someone else arranges it for me. Case in point, I can’t find my Algebra book and my History notebook. Anyway, my perception of organization isn’t based on appearances, it’s based on everything being where I want them to be, not where my mom wants them to be or my maid places it. Another case in point, of the point that I want everything to be in order is that when I’m typing up something, I want everything to be formatted the same way. I want all my text to be in Arial, 10, purple. Yes, I have purple text on my laptop.)

Whoa, got a little sidetracked there… Anyway, where was I…? Oh, yeah, I was preaching of how sucky my day has been because I slacked off yesterday. Another couple of things I was supposed to do yesterday was my chapel notes reflection, my art border, our Chinese PowerPoint report on the Jade Emperor, in, duh, Chinese, and finally to make more stuff for our five-chapter narrative for English. Being a junior sucks!

As to the Bible stuff, I think I missed a couple of things, like the assignment where we have to write down the lessons we learned upon reflecting on 8 of the 12 given psalms that we had to originally classify. We also had this assignment where we have to reflect on one Psalm every week, so far I have made none, and so far the total I should have made is either 4 or 5.

Anyway, I don’t think I fully explained our five-chapter narrative (at all!). Mrs. Gubat assigned to us a project, one relating to one of my hobbies! Great, huh? Not so. Apparently, I stopped writing stories for a while for a reason, writing a story (a fanfic to be exact) is hard. What will come next? How do I make him/her say this/that? Why the f*** hell did I write such utter crap?! Writer angst, if you will… I’m kinda wondering though, whether I’d be more suited to writing feature article-ish stuff instead… But anyway, I think I’ll try to seek the help of some of the Initial D readers out there, like Sanae, but I’ll be using a different pen name than the one I use to review her. I’ll make my name, “Dial In fita”. Lol. I dare you to find the meaning behind that. :P

Whatever once again. Our narrative is suppose to have some values you can acquire from some of the selections we tackled. I intend to put the values of not falling in love too easily, humans are destined to fail, and other that I can’t recall right now. The reason why I put them there though, is pretty obvious. It’s because, to an extent, I believe in these values.

For some reason, partially unbeknownst to me, I have become a lot more critical and sarcastic recently. Not really cocky, just really skeptical of most things, with a different approach for saying things. Yeah, the weapon of sarcasm is very sharp!
Pokingly yours.

0 pokes: