Monday, September 10, 2007

Sweet 16?!

Maybe this post should've been made when I just turned 16, not like 4 months afterwards, but what does it matter anyway? Besides, (and I just noticed that my current favorite transitional word now is "besides") I only thought of this topic this morning on the way to school, enduring the practically never-ending line to MHCS.

When I was younger, I used to believe that when I turned 16, so many doors would open up to me, being able to join more stuff (*cough* all-night pow-wow), do more stuff, and most importantly drive. So far, there haven't been anytime I want to join now, so that sucks. But to tell you the truth, the main issue is the driving one.

Legally, I am allowed to drive on public roads, with the condition that there is an adult with a driving license in the passenger seat.

Now, I've never been the legalism-type, actually, I try to maneuver around the rules in school, and try isn't even the appropriate word for it. Sometimes, I just ignore them. Now, I won't mention what I don't pay attention to, lest a teacher is reading this, or even *OMG gasp* the Prefect of Discipline, but I know that ain't happening. Still, I don't like taking those kind of risks.

Anyway, where was I...

Right. If I knew that my mom would pull a super-freak out on me if I took the CR-V for a little spin, I'd already have done just that. But, unfortunately, that isn't so. Pato-chan just ends up waiting till she's allowed to touch our old Corolla. :(

I guess, being 16 isn't all it's cut out to be...

Why do I get the feeling I'll be saying the same thing when I'm 18...

0 pokes: