Saturday, October 13, 2007

AVG: Are you to be my laptop's savoir?

Gosh, I hope so. For some time now, my laptop (not the one I'm using to go on the Internet and such) has been infected by a virus. Actually, I'm led to believe an entire folder of viruses. Sucks, doesn't it? I do have Sophos installed, but it's ancient and can't be updated since my laptop's ability to go on the net has been, well, broken. Somehow. A long time ago. *sigh*

So, I've actually already downloaded AVG for my mom's computer, so I know it will be able to get rid of those annoying little worms. The most surprising thing of all is that the Sophos on my mom's laptop went poof!

A month ago, probably, I wanted to scan this computer, since it was getting all laggy again. When I clicked on the Sophos shortcut on my desktop, a window saying that it couldn't find the location of the program came up. Obvious reaction: wth?! So I went through the Program Files folder and found the Sophos folder empty. Shucks... What the hell happened here?

So, I tried to get Sophos back. Nope, couldn't do it, since, well, I'm penniless. (Mom doesn't know about this, btw.) So, I tried looking for other Anti-Virus programs that were free and found AVG. Whee~ And the next time I went to one of the school's computer labs, I found out that our school also uses AVG. At the very least, I know that it has my teacher's seal of approval. :P

Well, back to the present. I'm downloading it (at a pathetic rate, btw - 7 kb/sec) and waiting... waiting... and waiting.

Mythbusters... They're so cool. I was watching the show just before this, so the big rig myths are still fresh in my mind. Yep, I was watching Mythbusters instead of studying for my exams. Not that I study too much for it.

Of course, Chinese is the exception. Since no one can pass Chinese without studying, those who can't understand Chinese have to be a bit more dedicated. Yeah, that's me. Oh yeah, that reminds me. A few posts ago, I predicted that I'd pass my Chinese long test... Sad thing. I'll never try that again. It became the first one I failed this quarter.

0 pokes: