Monday, November 26, 2007

Untitled

This is the first time where I simply cannot think of an acceptable title. This is the day where my mood jumps from miserable, to cheery, to sleepy (which isn't actually a mood), to downright passive. I'm back to my normal bored, sarcastic self this afternoon.

But what made my mood shift to the two extremes so suddenly... (usually it takes the longest while to get to even move)?

Well, last night I was once again cramming for my Filipino movie review on Mano Po 5 (don't ask why I chose it, btw, it sucks). I finished the darn thing at about one in the morning, so I saved it on my hard disk and mumubled to myself that I was sleepy. Then I went to sleep. Damn I hate my computer.

This morning, during our recess, I went to the library to print it out, as I usually do. When I clicked on the file, only the first paragraph appeared. "No..." *close, re-click* "Nooooooooo..." Crap, it's the second time this month too. It first happened with my El Filibusterismo report, I was almost done, with only two sections left, when I saved. Some uncontrollable error took over Word and it closed. Dang... Oh well, I thought. But it wasn't all right. When I checked my Flash drive, the file was gone! Poof! So, I got up very calmly and banged my head against my wall. I had no choice to start from scratch.

Now, what happened to my movie review wasn't as drastic, although it was a finished work. Only four or five paragraphs disappeared, compared to the eleven pages of El Fili crap I had to work on, but the disappearance frustrated me enough to tears. I decided to leave it for now and do it again at home. The thing was, when I returned to my classroom, still crying, no one seemed to notice until after I lifted my head and asked for more tissue. Did they think the heaving lump in the middle of the room was sleeping?

O.o

Fine with me.

After our Chinese class, we had our PE class, which is dancing. Swing, I believe. And, if I'm not mistaken, we just had our exam today. We fooled around. Danced around like... eh... Monkeys and ducks. That seemed to cheer me up.

Next was our English class, where we had a quiz. It wasn't actually a written test, but a declamation contest packaged as a quiz. Well, it was graded, so whatever. Teacher decides on what happens and what doesn't. So, we had to interpret the poems assigned to us and act out our interpretation. I made Snoopy my baby and pretended to be a widow. I do hope it came out that way.

That seemed to calm me down a bit.

It was around this point I realized that I forgot my wallet. This is actually the first time I've forgotten my wallet. My cash/change, yes. (P400 in TZ) But never my wallet. Well, I wasn't worried that it was lost or anything that serious, I remembered that I left it in my bag yesterday. So, I had no lunch. I'm not the type of person who is in favor of asking for loans (utang), but I was hungry and wasn't going to go on without my lunch. So, I asked various people for some spare change (like a beggar, I know) and said that I wasn't going to pay them back, because I was just asking for a tiny amount, ranging from P1 to P5.

In the end, I was able to collect P24, which was unfortunately not enough for a sandwich. But when I approached the "lunch lady" and asked for a tawad, she agreed (Yay!) and I got my lunch after 15 minutes of roaming the school for spare change. Lol.

Physics was next. Usually, I don't feel too sleepy during Science, but something compelled me to be true to my Pilipino self and take a nap after our watery experiment. When I woke up, one of my classmates was already reporting on his/her assigned kabanata in El Fili. Dang... (Sana hindi umabot sa akin!) I made that my mantra for the 2 periods of Filipino. And, finally, something agreeable happens to me, my teacher decides to continue it next time. Yay!

Herein ends my story, for the day.

I am so hungry, since I only have 2 stickers left to claim at Starbucks, I'm asking my mom for a treat there. >.<

0 pokes: