Monday, December 24, 2007

Staying Out Till Midnight

Really, is this something a sixteen-year old should be doing? I'm not sure about other people, but it sure isn't normal for me. It was the first time I stayed out this late with friends. And no, we weren't causing mayhem in strange dark places. So there.

You see, it was last Friday, the day of our school Christmas party. We had planned to go out to SM Megamall beforehand to have fun and make a memory of our last high school Christmas party. I had no real intention of staying in school, so I came in late. The party began at 8, I think, but I arrived a whopping 2 hours later. The purpose was to deliver the pressies and scram, but in the end I stayed, ate a bit, took loads of pictures (shocking) and ended up waiting till past 12 for Clarissa's driver to pick us up. Dani was late as well, so at least I didn't feel bad about being the one being waited for.

Right now, I'm just wondering where I can get a hold of the pictures and giving my present to Faye. I didn't notice that I left hers at home when I was packing up the presents.

Anyway... We waited a really long time in the lobby before we could leave. After that we waited in the car, and well talked about loads of stuff. Stuff I won't bother to disclose. Gah, what can I say? We had fun spending time together. How to express that is beyond my current capabilities.

When we got there, our original plan was to go ice skating. They chickened out however, because of the cold and because Dani was wearing a skirt. We didn't want to expose her knickers, so oh well. More money for other stuff. We went to the cinema to buy some tickets for The Golden Compass then onto to Timezone to kill some, well, time. We played Beatmania, Guitarmania, and the strange machine gun game. Of course, I played ID4 as well. But the machine there felt a bit strange. I can't explain it, but with my RX8, I'd usually win the start-up, but there, I lost it. Several times, in fact.

Wait... I forgot to use up my WOF tokens... Dang... Next time.

After that, we rushed up to the cinema, to the wrong one in fact, so we had to rush to the correct one making sure not to spill our popcorn. The Golden Compass was an ok movie. Dakota has grown-up a lot from the War of the Worlds movie, actually, I barely recognized her, apart from the fact that I saw her name on the movie, I wouldn't have even noticed that it was her. Except for her scream though. That hasn't changed.

After the movie, we roamed around the mall and found Comic Alley! Yay! There were so many soundtracks!! So many Intial D soundtracks! >.< In the end, I only bought 2 sticker sets and a Rukawa pin. I was looking for a Sakuragi or Akagi one, but found no other Slam Dunk ones. V.V Did I mention that I'm a Slam Dunk fan ? :D
There were so many Mokonas! But they were so expensive, P500+, so I didn't buy any. :(

Clarissa wanted to buy the Ashley Tisdale album, so we went to Odyssey and Astrovision (I think), but we didn't find any. It was after that that she received the text from her driver that he was hit by the car behind him, so he couldn't pick us up yet.

Reaction: What the hell?!

Of course we went into plan B/C/D mode and called our parents. We figured that we would just wait for the driver, after all, how long would it take?

Two hours later at Krispy Kreme, we realized how long.

At that point, the driver finally arrived and told us that he had to go to some MMDA compound in Ultra to make a statement of some sort. So, we waited for about 45 minutes in the car, wondering how our parents would sermon us. In the end, we brought Dani to school, her mom was waiting in front of the school, then I was brought home.

We said our goodbyes and goodnights. And that was the end of our little escape. It makes me wonder what wouldn't happened if Neko tagged along. I suppose we would never know.

Merry Christmas!

1 pokes:

Frankie "NC" Torres said...

...The Dakota in The Golden Compass is not Dakota Fanning of War of The Worlds. She is Dakota Blue Richards.