Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Bad News

I've actually got a whole bunch of things to blog about, but to help keep the blog organized, I'll be posting it in three parts. First of all the bad news...

Mr. Santos, our English teacher, as I've blogged about before, is not coming back. I don't mean that he's dead, at least I hope that he isn't... We received news earlier this week, like Tuesday, that he supposedly resigned from school. He was supposed to come back last Monday and when he didn't we were all distressed.

Damn... It's so sad!

We still don't know what family problem may be causing him to do this, but I got an English teacher to talk somehow. He hinted that Mr. Santos' mom was sickly and that he was the only unmarried child.

I can put two and two together. My theory is that since his mother is sickly, he quit school to be with her. But that pretty much goes without saying, with those clues anyway.

Teacher Irene, my old Science tutor, also left tutor to help her mother. And Teacher Elisa, my ex-tutor of English, also had to leave, but only for a much shorter time, to be with her father in Davao.

Even though their students feel bad about what they are doing, I have to admit that I think that they are doing the right thing. Family should come before work, much like the moral of the movie of Adam Sandler, Click.

Anyway, a result of this disappearance, I mean Mr. Santos', is that students are looking for him, this is also very obvious. He was very well-loved teacher at MHCS. The runt of the crap is that he was our class advisor and debate moderator. I was looking forward to having him as our teacher for the year and this comes up.

The debate club is not the only one who is whoe-ing in this event. The Dance Club, or Icarus, feels the same way. I saw them once interrogating our English head, Ms. Dimzon. I actually wanted to laugh at them, not at offence (no way!). I was just amused when I compared our style of interrogating to theirs. When they go "please, sige na", we go "why not? we have the right to know". But thinking back, I think you need a balance between the two to get the right results, and a more talkative teachers...

0 pokes: