Saturday, August 26, 2006

Silence

I don't like this feeling, I'm caught in the middle of not knowing what's happening in our debate club, or if it is still a club.

Yesterday, everything became official, Mr. Santos, our third year English teacher and our Debate Society moderator, had to go on leave for something "personal & school related". Since everyone, everyone who knows what is going on that is, insisted that they couldn't tell us what was going on, we're all left to guessing our heads off in vain. The only problem is we really can't think of anything that could be both personal and school related. And we're supposed to be debaters. Shame, shame.

Anyway, I know that Mr. Santos' somewhat announced disappearance is supposed to be a major hit (as in damage, not so popular), simply because of it, but the effects are deeper, and has much more serious consequences. I don't mean that in a way that because he is gone (for now) that we'd do something wrong, "We're Christian debaters," as he'd say.

But, damnit, because he's gone, we're not a club. This is according to our School Rules and Regulations handbook distributed at the start of the schoolyear. By not being an official club, we don't get any school support, meaning we get no money and no transportation. So, we don't get support if we want to join a competition, like CMLI.

We, as in my team mates and I, agree that we're the ones who would suffer the most, because simply stated, we're the only ones who have to go through a long series of competitions to get to the finals. And since we've already started, this all sucks majorly for us!

I don't know the result of our 10 minute (daw) extended meeting yesterday as no one has replied to me, so I dread Monday and what result comes with it.

0 pokes: