Monday, August 07, 2006

A Crushing Pressure

This past week, or two, has been quite hectic. (Hay, all this stress)

Today is the start of our periodical exms, and boy, I really do hate the first day of exams. Mainly because Chinese is always the first (one of the first of two) test. And this year, well, this quarter our teacher have one hell of a reviewer. Studying what we took in our long tests (all of them), and then adding some more. Of course 3 long tests is hard enough, but adding more to that load is hell!

And along with Chinese, there's Trigonometry. Well, honestly, Trigo's not so bad. I wouldn't go as far to say that I actually enjoy studying Trigo, but it could be worse. Much worse. It's not so hard, I wonder why my mom said that she had a harder time in Trigo then Algebra. She's supposed to be a real whiz at math, she claims that she was when she was still studying... Ok, that was not what she said, but she did say that she was good at math and she liked the subject.

Insert: Congratulations to Ms. Amarille for winning 1 million pesos on Deal or No Deal a while ago. :D

More pressure... vv;;

And now, more research has to be done. Debate calls...

Debate. Wow, what an unexpected thing debate turned out to be. I originally joined it this year, simply to find a way past my "speaking problem". This problem being uncommunicative, having a soft voice, and having a slight fear of speaking in front of crowds.

I must say, debate is really helping. But the thing is, I've been entered into a competition, and I feel so unprepared!!! The competition is on the 19th, the Oregon-Oxford division of the CMLI - Children's Museum Library, Inc.

Yada na! And what a... difficult topic we have. "Let it be resolved that sex education be taught comprehensively in the Philippines... Haay, we had a practice debate last Thursday, and I couldn't even get past the lousy 5 minute line... Grr... Damnit. It's a somewhat uncomfortable topic, and if you remove religious aspect/views, you just slice off a big portion of your speaking time.

At least I have been doing my research, so I have quite a few arguments now, but I won't be posting them here, until after the competition. Who knows? A St. Paul girl might stumble upon this almost completely black site and see my arguments and gain an ENORMOUS advantage over us, however unlikely this might be.

Hyper, hyper, hyper...

I want a Starbucks Chocolate Chip Cream grande size please. And, please add a Tiramisu cake as well :)

I'll ask our maid to buy me one tomorrow, while I'm waiting to be picked up. Man, I hate Tuesdays!

0 pokes: