Monday, July 10, 2006

Life in General

Life is changing. I understand that fact, and a whole lot of people as well. These changes seem to manifesting in forms that catch my attention more and more everytime.

The most prominent and probably the most significant change I'm experiencing now is my "shifting of language" as I like to call it. I've been speaking English my entire life, well, as long as I remember anyway, but that pretty much signifies my entire life, doesn't it? Anyway, what I take pride in myself (although I probably shouldn't) is my ability to speak English, practically effortlessly. It is afterall my first language. I'm ignoring the fact that I'm Filipino and am living in the Philippines right now.

We were given an article by our English teacher about English globalization. English turning into a international language? It pretty much promotes English and is advertising that "you need English, people are handing over heaps of money to learn English", blah, blah. But that was written/published last March, 2005 that is, by Newsweek. I've been saying that it's literally "so last year". This year Time recently released an article quite similar to it, when comparing it by topic. Time's saying that Chinese is the new world, or is the upcoming, language.

That thought makes me want to cry though; I've been neglecting my Chinese classes for the past eleven years, and now when I'm old enough to understand these facts, I want to go to China to study the subject I've been hating for 2/3+ years now. Why must this happen? English has almost no more edge in job applications, it's Chinese now, damnit!

The second, and slightly more significant change in my life today is I'm starting to like drawing again... *collective gasp* Haha... I remember, after I first watched Anastasia, the Disney Princess movie (Disney seems to love making princess movies, I've no idea why), I bought a notebook with her picture in front, Anastasia in her ball (not princess) gown, the dark blue one if I remember correctly. I copied her, and almost made a very good copy, my downfall was the eyes. I had finished drawing her, but I couldn't, just couldn't copy the eyes. I think that it was that event in my life that stopped me from drawing. I used to love drawing, my life was like draw this, draw that, and so on and so fort, but that horribly "cheap" moment halted everything. Man, that sucked. If I hadn't stopped I might be drawing good anime today. *frowns*

The third, and totally useless change right now is that I'm starting to shift from Initial D to Kyou Kara Maou. KKM, I realize that that's what the fanbase is calling it for keystroke's sake, is slowing and steadily seeping into my mind, replacing the cars, and the not-so-bishounens of Initial D. See? "Not-so-bishounens"! What the hell! Shoo, shoo KKM, I'm not willing to give up Initial D yet! Espcially if I haven't finished the arcade stage yet! :P

Go away, KKM obsesssion!

But of couse, I'm the one and only one causing this change. I'm the one deciding to watch those episodes on YouTube! But I really do like the opening song... That won't change. Heck, even though I haven't listened to say... Noizy Tribe in ages, upon ages, upon ages, when my randomizer chose it randomly, I found myself nodding along to the song I used to love so much, such a long time ago, 1 year ago...

My, how life changes so quickly, why do things have to change...?

I'm not ending my post yet. I still have few things to get down, like a progress report(s), complaint, review, and a request. Meow!

I went to G4 yesterday...? Yeah, yesterday, I asked my mom to watch a movie, Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift. Honestly, I had quite a few expectations from this movie. I hoped that it would have at the very least good race scenes, if nothing else. But even still with this meager hope, FFTD, failed.

When I watched it, the only plot I could indentify was that race, till you die, because the crazy dudes seem to have that philosophy. They really won't stop racing, regardless of the accidents and their hardly-existant skill. Death is probably the ultimate barrier. If you won't stop doing something bad for you, that, Death is what is in front of you. Actually it's in front of everyone, but continuing dangerous acts, would be like pulling it closer and closer to you.

Also, I was disappointed that I couldn't stop any Initial D cars, no hachi-roku... Although I think I saw an FD...

If I were to rate I'd give it a 2.5/5, because I liked the uber shiny, tricked-out sportscars these insane racers wielded.

Anyway, another report very much related to the previous one. I got to play again! Wohoo! Cheers and dances, not really. But I beat Kyouichi in Irohazaka, and cleared the entire Shomaru stage in one sitting! My car probably lightened the load, being the king car of that course and all. Happogahara was really hard though, I just skipped it. Added star to my precious RX8! But honestly, I didn't see any of the veterans.

All the really good players like Flup(?) it goes something like that, didn't pass by. The good players are usually around after lunch until before dinner time, but everyone there was a newbie. Some guy there said that I was good... Whoa, this guy is definetely new, I'm nothing compared to the seriously good dudes.

Also, I saw JV(?) there as well. He was playing Wangan Midnight this time around. He said that he had a hard time beating Impact Blue, and that he could drift, so he just transferred to Wangan, which is so much easier than IDAS, I will reiterate that time and time again. But he had a hard time with Wangan as well. Next time I see him, I'll tell him that he won't be able to get past these guys without practice. Before I couldn't even beat Tooru, for crying out loud, now he's a piece of point cake. I really don't like those kind of people, those who just give up because it's too hard, but that works against me, so that means that I really don't like myself as well... *shrug*

Also, if anyone reads this, and is applicable, I'd like help with Happogahara on IDAS. *cries* That was so hard, turn after turn, after turn, after turn, after turn...

And finally, Yahoo Answers... It's actually fun ^^ But I still like Google!

Mood- Pleading      Song- Wings of Fire- Neya Michiko & Kakazu Yumi a.k.a. Satou Mako and Sayuki- Initial D D Selection 2      Book- none so far       Game- none so far

0 pokes: