Saturday, July 08, 2006

Previous Day Post

I was supposed to type ths up last night after dinner, but when I was preparing to camp out at the computer for the night, my aunt came over to discuss some "stuff" with my mom. But anyway, I was just planning to put up the entry for my English journal. Ooh... We have an English journal... Yeah, we have to write up stuff for our Company profile project. I think we are to just write on days we did our project, like yesterday... Oh well...

Man, my mom's light is screwed, not to mention her ancient television as well.

"Since today is the PTC, Parent's & Teacher's Conference, we decided to schedule our company visit today. We agreed on meeting in school at around ten o'clock, all except Arlene (I do hope that I got her name's spelling right this time) arrived on time.

We ended up leaving school at around ten-twenty in the morning of this slightly dreary day. CE, Katrina, and Clarissa rode with my mom, while Arlene, Made, and I took a hundred-peso taxi ride, which Arlene and Made have to reimburse me for. Anyway, our taxi got there first, at about ten-forty, while our Corolla arrived a few moments later.

We got a brief briefing (I guess that's why they called it briefing...) from my mom, where she asked us what we were planning to do. Our group decided to do the plant tour first, and so she called the Production Manager, Mr. Chris Pasman, to us a tour of the production area. And although I've been there several times in my life, it feels different being there for the purpose of finding specific details.

He (Sir Chris) showed up around explaining the three different lines and the machines in it. We, but mainly CE, tried to take pictures but the camera was not charged and even we replaced the batteries, it still wouldn't stay on long enough to take a picture, But I don't think anyone over there would ming if we just used pictures from their database.

After our tour, we had a question and answer session with three important people in the company, getting the answers to the handout. I'm thinking of adding another unit/chapter about the security precautions they take both for the physical company and for the reputation or credibility of it. These three people are = Mr. Roberto Tionson, the Plant Head; Mr. Raymond Torres, the Production Manager; and Ms. Julie Cruz, the General Manager and my mother.

They insisted on keeping the financial details private, but they seemed more than willing to provide for our other requests. Someone from the company, most likely my mom, ordered Jollibee for our lunch, one-piece Chickenjoy, which we gladly took, since it was already one o'clock, our reserved manner we, generally, maintained vanished at the sight of food, free food!

After lunch, we took some pictures with our cameraphones outside the factory, since the factory area uses LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) in their machines, particularly their ovens, so they applied the "Turn off your cellphones, please" rule. Also, we decided to collect the calling cards of the officers who were kind enough to spend time helping us. I said "some" because we couldn't find Mr. Chris to retrieve a calling card from him as well.

And I wonder if all men put their calling cards in their wallets, unlike women who seem to have a special steel box for them, but that's seapking for the relatively high-position, professional women.

We finally ended our company visit at two-thirty. The others took a taxi to they-know-where, while I have to go off and continue studying Chinese and researching for debate.

Hmm... Maybe I should just make this the next post for my blog..."

And there you have it, my first English journal entry. Man, is it hard copying stuff onto my mom's computer. Haha...

Mood- Bored       Song- Wait Till I Can Dream- Tommy Heavenly6      Book- none yet       Game- Sudoku (:D!)

0 pokes: