Saturday, May 20, 2006

Home Sweet Home!

Yehey!!! We arrived back in Manila a while ago, and man did I ever get a headache. Usually, plane trips don't bother me in any other way, except that I have to wake up earlier, but Cebu Pacific rides give me headaches. I felt like someone was pounding on it, repeatatively. I'm going back to Philippine Airlines.

Anyway, more cheers! My mom bought me a new cellphone! Oh yeah! And the price is sub-30,000! It really is cheaper in Bacolod! So, I've got a new N90, which I've already programmed, when my mom can't make her computer recognize that her digicam is already in it's dock with all wires attached. Haha! And she asks me to help her with it, but I don't even know how to make the computer realize that the camera is waiting for it. Like I have a magic wand. Pfft...

Also, I was ranting about this since I found out about it. The Da Vinci Code movie was rated R18 by the whats-its-name-board that is responsible for rating all the movies around here. Lol. The people in Bacolod are, well, regular. I tried to get in with my aunts, uncle, and mom two days ago, but failed. So yesterday, they put make up on me and made me change into something they thought would make me look 20. I borrowed the ID of my cousin, who is 20 now. I supposedly look like her, but I really don't think so. Anyways, I got in and got disappointed.

I agree with my brother, the book is not that great. It is not something that was on the bestseller list because of the storytelling, which isn't actually too special. The book's fame is on the controversy it created. Heck, Dan Brown wouldn't even be famous if it weren't for The Da Vinci Code.

So, the book isn't something too special(not counting that it could get a lot of people into heated discussions about that factuality of it) and the movie isn't very accurate either. The thing with book movies is the accuracy. If you haven't read the book and find the movie, fine, good for you. But if you have read the book and liked the movie, except for certain changes in the storyline and the characters, well that's fine too but you get ticked off that even if the writer is one of the executive producers there are considerable changes.

My mom said that one of the reasons they(whoever decides what changes and what doesn't) change the storyline is to make it less complicated and to shorten the movie. But how does making Sauniere the grand master, but not Sophie's grandfather, less complicated? But, I don't think I should reveal more, in case people want to find out for themselves. I mean, it only started showing like... 2 days ago?

Owkie...

Nevermind. I bought another copy of a Grand Theft Auto game, but it still wouldn't install on the damn computer. Last time I bought one, it stopped at X% and wouldn't go any further. Some error message came up and the Install Shield thingy xed itself. This time the installation stopped at 14% and a popup message came up saying something about redunduncy. Curses! Although both of these copies were pirated, so maybe I should just buy an original... Yeah, and lose 3-4 arcade visits. Sigh.

Hmm... Two of my aunts and an uncle of mine are arriving tomorrow and are staying here in Makati for 3 days. *cogs start turning* Maybe, somehow, I can get them to buy me a game... *plots*

Mood- Devious           Song- Hallelujah- Bamboo- Light Peace Love

0 pokes: