Thursday, May 25, 2006

Why oh Why oh Why?!?!?!

Nooo... Why must this happen? I feel so sad right now... Not in the way one would usually suspect though...

My grandfather just died this morning, no wait, it's yesterday now. Strange really, when I heard that he died I didn't feel anything. There was no sadness or longing to see him once more. None. Nada. Zilch. The way I think of it, I don't have any real attachment to the guy. He was my grandfather and all, but all my memories of him are all passive. Meaning, he doesn't play any important role in my life. When I go and visit them in the province, he is always just sitting, somewhere, may it be on his armchair watching wrestling(God knows how he got into that), or on the one of the seats in the veranda eating a meal.

But I certainly understand that most of my family doesn't feel the same way. I'm willing to bet that a lot of my relatives were weeping today... yesterday. It's like when my dad died, I felt so bad, but other people who knew him, but didn't know him, just stood there and offered their condolences.

But the reason I am sad is we are returning to Bacolod. Yeah, it's so cheap compared to the grief others are experiencing. There nothing I can do about that.

Bacolod is supposed to be the city of smiles(and sweets). The smiles part is pretty appropriate because everyone there is so friendly, but I've mentioned that before. And a little trivia: Bacolod was once the sugar capital of the Philippines. I don't know why it isn't anymore. Still, even if there are a lot of nice people and good sugary stuff around(did you know that in the hotel we stayed in they gave out complimentary fruits instead of water?) there's still nothing I find fun and interesting to do there.

And mom says don't oversleep till 10. Man, I just want to retort that it can't be considered oversleeping because I slept at 4 am. >p There isn't anything better to do there that sleep!

At least we're bringing mom's laptop now, with wireless internet! Woohoo! I'll be hunting down Wifi spots around the mall, since that's the only cool public place in existance there. Everywhere else is capable of frying an egg.

I want to stay in Makati, where it isn't as hot as Bacolod. Bacolod is supposed to have a cooler environment because there are less factories than here, but it must be at least a few degrees higher there. Hmm... Maybe it's because where by the sea. I can't remember my Science class about this topic. It's either by the sea is cooler or by the sea is hotter. Yami, please answer the question.

By the way, Yami, why do I have to comment on your previous posts? Can't you make a new one instead. And why are you shown as online on YM, but don't reply? Huh, huh?

Mood- Touchy       Song- Walk Away- Kelly Clarkson- Breakaway

0 pokes: