Saturday, May 06, 2006

Live-action movie vs Anime, the continuation

Actually, there are still some things I'd like to criticize about the movie. The post was getting quite long, so I thought about just continuing it next time...

Anyway, I want to avenge Bunta this time. They made his character so unlike the real(or original, since Bunta doesn't really exist) Bunta.

1.) When did Bunta literally beat Takumi? He never did in the anime, I know he says something like, "I'll beat you till you wake up", but it's so out of character for him to beat his own son. They seem pretty cold to each other and all, but they really care for each other. You can see that clearly in the Second Stage.

2.) When did Bunta become an alcoholic? He tends to drink a lot, but he doesn't drink to the point that he passes out in their living room(?). And he also visits bars, but only with Yuichi, no girls included.

3.) Bunta eyes. One of the things Bunta’s known for is that he never opens his eyes.

4.) Also last time I checked, Bunta wore shoes while driving. In the movie he puts Takumi in his passenger seat and drives Akina, the only course in the movie.

5.) I don’t think you can provoke Bunta easily. Ryousuke visits him once, which never happens in the anime, and they talk about something. Since I couldn’t get the version with English subtitles, what they were talking about is a mystery to me. Bunta gets mad, throws his knife down, and shouts at Ryousuke.

So there, that pretty much concludes my ranting on the Initial D live-action movie.

Oh, and I forgot to add something in previous post, “Fic bunnies?” Nakazato and God Foot have the same song, Back on the Rocks.

Mood- Bored      Song- Speed Car- D Team- 4th Stage D Selection

0 pokes: