Thursday, May 04, 2006

What's up with chatspeak?

I understand that it's perfectly all right to use in texting or SMS, and pretty excusable in IM. But I've seen people use it in forums, and frankly, it seemed like giberish to me. From what I can gather, they use it so they can type messages quickly or something like that. So why would they use it in forums is beyond me.

When a person posts their entries in a forum, the person is usually sitting down/reclining (whatever) in front of a computer, idly typing up their reply to someone. They're not in too much of a hurry. So why bother using chatspeak?

I know I have a bias against it, because I'm illeterate in that language, but I've got nothing against the people writing it. Heck, a lot of people I know like using chatspeak. Although I don't understand what they say, sometimes, depending on the person.

All I wish is that at least on forums, people would be considerate enough not to use a language everyone can understand.


Haha, it's short this time...

Mood: Bored       Song: Jumping Up the Nations- Toby Ash- Initial D Battle Stage

0 pokes: