Friday, June 09, 2006

Quick Comment, and More

http://googlepuzzles.blogspot.com/2006/06/out-of-topic-post-google-spreadsheets.html

I actually heard this on the news in the morning, and when I was scrolling down Wei-Hwa's Puzzle Challenges by Google I saw that *points up*

A few minutes ago, I received a confirmation email from Google regarding it. It said that I was allowed to use it and it gave me the link to it. The only condition it pretty much has is this, you have to have a Google account (and by this I mean Gmail) to claim the limited test priveledges.

I tried it out for a few more minutes and already have a verdict. But the truth is, I don't really use Microsoft's Excel much. I use it, basically for date organization. Face it, it's so much easier to have all the details of people(and whatever else things) in those not so tiny boxes all lined up for you. Anyway, back to the verdict. So far, the standard of the Google Spreadsheets isn't really too good. At least not compared to Excel.

But honestly, I sincerely believe that Google can do better than that. I mean, they just released it recently, like this week or something like that. If I heard correctly, the broadcaster said that Google was planning to put macros into their program, not that I know what macros are, much less how they are used. I just see them in my toolbar and ignore them. The only thing I really didn't like about the Spreadsheets is that there is no function for the right click thingy in the mouse. That's probably the thing I use most in a computer, after the left click of course.

Anyway, my Filipino partner isn't helping me with our report on TUESDAY. It's so unfair... Pouts like a little kid. And I seriously need help in Filipino. When I graduated from elementary and started my first high school Filipino class I swear when I opened my book my mind just went "WTF" why is this so difficult. It was just my level in elementary, but "Ibong Adarna" is a completely different thing. 3/4 of it was too deep for me and so I just passed that class because I kept asking my classmates for a basic translation. Sigh...

Even though I am a Filipino, and do actually live in the Philippines, I'm not good at the language. I mean, I first learned Filipino in Kinder 2...? That's about 6 years old. And this is another thing I remember about my Filipino problem. When I was in Grade 2, in the 1st quarter, we were asked to take a seatwork. When I was answering, the consistent question that kept popping into my mind was, "How do I spell this word?" This is Filipino. Filipino's spelling is probably one of the easiest in the world, because, how you pronounce it is how you spell it. And the words in question are, "niya, siya" and whatever "ya" words I can't remember. In the end I just passed an English-Chinese based spelling, niya being "nia", siya being "sia".

When I recall it, I just feel like a moron.

Breathe in, breathe out. These things are something I would like to forget and ignore, but unfortunately, I can't, and probably won't because it's here, on the blog, pretty much immortalized on the net, with hardly anyone to read it.

And Yami, why do always seem to be online, but never answer? What's wrong, did you get hacked or something like that?

I have to remember to transfer my new picture of Elian onto my computer, so I can upload that as well. Waves Elian-fan-fight club! Yahahaha... Although I wouldn't know if he's parent's would approve of my posting his pictures on the net.

Hmm... Maybe I should just do away with the mood and song thingy... Or maybe not. Yey! I get to go to National Bookstore tomorrow!

Mood- Excited       Song- Wish- Initial D Fourth Stage Sound Files

1 pokes:

Anonymous said...

t's such a great site. cool, extraordinarily interesting!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony Mozgowe[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://seoognisty.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,225/]opony[/url]